Your business is going digital. It depends on optimised access to applications and data, on-premises and in the cloud, and an increasingly mobile global workforce.
The old network of the past, built with MPLS, is no longer sufficient to support the digital transformation and many new point solutions are needed to cover your network, security, cloud, mobility and global needs.
Cato, the cloud-native carrier, provides organisations with a global, secure managed SD-WAN service, powered by the scalability, self-service, and agility of the cloud. Cato replaces MPLS and multiple point solutions with a converged, agile and affordable cloud-based platform and expert managed services built for the digital business. Using Cato, customers easily migrate from MPLS to SD-WAN, improve global connectivity to on-premises and cloud applications, enable secure branch internet access everywhere, and securely integrate cloud datacenters and mobile users into the network.
Cato Cloud is comprised of four complementary layers:
- Cato Global Private Backbone: A global, geographically distributed, SLA-backed network of PoPs, interconnected by multiple tier-1 carriers.
- Cato Security as a Service: A fully managed suite of enterprise-grade and agile network security capabilities, directly built into the Cato Global Private Backbone. Current services include a next-gen firewall/VPN, Secure Web Gateway, Advanced Threat Prevention, Cloud and Mobile Access Protection, and a Managed Threat Detection and Response (MDR) service.
- Cato Edge SD-WAN: a WAN edge solution that connects physical locations to Cato Cloud, and between edge devices, over any last mile transport (Internet, MPLS, 4G/LTE).
- Cato Cloud and Mobility Solutions: Cato easily and securely integrates cloud datacenters and mobile users into the network. Cloud datacenters are securely connected via an agentless configuration, and mobile devices using a Cato Client for laptops, smartphones, and tablets, or clientless browser access options.
The cloud-based and multi-tenant Cato Management Application enables enterprises and service providers to configure network and security policies, monitor network activity and security events, and troubleshoot service issues, from a single pane of glass.
Cato Cloud is seamlessly and continuously updated by Cato’s dedicated networking and security experts, to ensure maximum service availability, optimal network performance, and the highest level of protection against emerging threats.
Why Customers buy Cato?
- MPLS Migration to SD-WAN
Cato enables customers to move away from expensive, rigid, and capacity-constrained MPLS networks to multiple high-capacity Internet links and Cato’s last- and middle-mile optimisations. Using Cato Edge SD-WAN and multiple ISP links, customers boost capacity and improve resiliency for the same or lower cost than MPLS. Customers with a global footprint leverage Cato’s affordable global private backbone to replace global MPLS services to reduce cost, meet service levels, improve performance, and deliver security everywhere.
- Optimised Global Connectivity
Cato Cloud uses a global private backbone with built-in WAN and cloud optimisation to deliver an SLA-backed, predictable, and high-performance network experience everywhere. Customers that suffer from high latency and network inconsistency across their global locations use Cato to deliver a great user experience when access on-premises and cloud applications.
- Secure Branch Internet Access
Cato provides a full network security stack built into Cato Cloud. By connecting all locations to Cato Cloud through Cato Edge SD-WAN, all traffic, both Internet and WAN, is fully protected by Cato’s Security as a Service. There is no need to add the cost and complexity of point-security solutions, appliances, or cloud services.
- Optimised and Secure Cloud Access
Cato provides a seamless acceleration of cloud traffic by routing all traffic from all edges to the Cato PoP closest to the cloud destination. Because Cato PoPs share the datacenter footprint of major cloud providers, the latency between Cato and these providers is essentially zero. Cloud access optimisation requires just a single application-level rule that determines where cloud application traffic should egress the Cato Cloud. There is no need to install cloud appliances or setup hubs to reduce latency to the cloud.
- Optimised and Secure Mobile Access
Cato extends global networking and security capabilities down to a single mobile user’s laptop, smartphone, or tablet. No more treating mobile users like second class citizens of your network and security infrastructure. Using a Cato Client or clientless browser access, users dynamically connect to the closest Cato PoP, and their traffic is optimally routed over the Cato global private backbone to on-premises or cloud applications. Cato’s security-as-a-service stack protects mobile users against threats everywhere and enforces application access control.