Your IT landscape is rapidly evolving, and your vulnerability management strategy needs to evolve too.
Organisations are embracing new virtual and cloud assets such as containers. Mobile devices increasingly come and go from networks. Periodic scanning of traditional assets is no longer enough to deliver the necessary visibility and insight.
Starting with Nessus, Tenable created the world’s most widely deployed vulnerability assessment solution. Nessus helps security professionals quickly and easily identify and fix vulnerabilities across a variety of systems, devices and applications.
While useful for understanding your cyber exposure gap, Vulnerability Assessment tools are not thorough enough for the modern attack surface. As such, Tenable have developed a platform which focuses on Cyber Exposure across the modern attack surface.
Tenable Cyber Exposure Platform provides dynamic and holistic visibility across the modern attack surface; translates raw vulnerability data into business insights to help security teams prioritise and focus remediation based on business risk; and provides a high-level way to objectively measure cyber risk and guide strategic decision making.
Cyber Exposure builds on the roots of Vulnerability Management, designed for traditional assets such as IT endpoints and on-premises infrastructure, moving from identifying bugs and misconfigurations and expanding to the following:
- Live discovery of any digital asset across any computing environment
- Continuous visibility into where an asset is secure, or exposed, and to what extent
- Prioritisation of remediation based on business risk
- Benchmarking of cyber exposure compared to industry peers and best in class organisations
- Measurement of Cyber Exposure as a key risk metric for strategic decision support
Tenable Offer six variants to their platform, starting with Nessus. The Tenable Platform Accurately Identifies, Investigates and Prioritises Vulnerabilities in Five ways.
- Nessus Professional: The #1 Vulnerability Assessment Solution
- Tenable.SC: Real time continuous assessment of your security posture managed ‘on prem’.
- Tenable.IO: Real time continuous assessment of your security posture – Cloud Managed.
- Tenable Industrial Security – For Critical Infrastructure and Operational Technology
- Tenable.IO Web App Scanning – Automated Web App Scanning for Web Frameworks.
- Tenable.IO Container Security – Integrates into the DevOps Build Process, enabling visibility of vulnerabilities, malware and policy violations.
Tenable provide Predictive Prioritisation, enabling you to zero in on the vulnerabilities that matter most. Tenable utilise threat intelligence, to show which vulnerabilities are currently being targeted, predictive models assess the likelihood of a vulnerability being exploited in the near future, and then the threats that would have the largest impact on your business are given additional prioritisation.
Why Customers buy Tenable?
Tenable provide the most accurate information about your assets and vulnerabilities in your ever-changing IT environment.
Eliminate Blind Spots:
- Identify and map every asset across any computing environment
- Complete visibility into network connected assets, network activity and events, with comprehensive vulnerability assessment coverage.
- Benefit from clear, actionable dashboards and reports to quickly measure and analyse security effectiveness and risk.
- Understand the cyber exposure of all assets, including vulnerabilities, misconfigurations and other security health indicators
- Understand exposures in context, to prioritise remediation based on asset criticality, threat context and vulnerability severity
- Understand the impact of vulnerabilities in your network.
Proactively Address Threats and Prioritise Vulnerabilities
- Identify threats and unexpected network changes. Get targeted alerts to quickly begin remediation.
- Prioritise which exposures to fix first, if at all, and apply the appropriate remediation technique
- Take the time savings of adjusting reports or combing through spreadsheets and spend it on remediating vulnerabilities.
- Measure and benchmark cyber exposure to make better business and technology decisions
- Monitor and prove compliance with pre-defined checks against industry standards and regulatory mandates.