Identity Access Management and Information Security are mission-critical functions for modern businesses.
Okta safely connect people to technology with a highly available service that is secure. Okta’s services are built to meet the rigorous Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability requirements of even the most security sensitive organisations.
Okta Workforce Identity
Workforce Identity simplifies the way people connect to enterprise technology, while increasing efficiency and helping you keep IT environments secure.
Workforce Identity includes:
- Universal Directory: Customise, Organise and Manage any set of user attributes from multiple identity sources, using a flexible cloud-based user store.
- Single Sign-on: A single set of credentials gives you access to enterprise apps in the cloud, on premises or on mobile devices.
- Lifecycle Management: Automate user onboarding and offboarding with seamless communication between directories such as Active Directory and LDAP, as well as Cloud Applications including Workday, SuccessFactors, Office 365 and RingCentral.
- Adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication: Secure your apps and VPN with a robust policy framework, a comprehensive set of modern verification factors, an adaptive risk-based authentication that integrates with your apps and infrastructure.
Workforce Identity provides IT with one centralised place for policy-based management which governs how users access mission-critical applications, and the data that powers your business.
Employees feel the benefit of eliminating ‘password fatigue’ with a single sign-on home page, meaning they no longer need to reuse passwords, write them down, or save them in files on their desktop.
Customers can also benefit from using Okta’s ‘Customer Identity’ services which allow you to customise their user experience.
- Create fully branded login flows, and end-user portals. Create APIs that provide a custom admin experience for customers can manage their user access.
- Solve any complex identity integration, data or automation challenge by utilising Okta’s broad range of APIs. Run scripts to modify user data and automatically integrate apps or integrate custom workflows.
- Leverage Okta as your ‘Identity API’ for every app dev project, allowing your developers to focus on functionality and the customer experience.
Enterprises that adopt the Okta Service dramatically improve the security and experience for users interacting with their applications, at every level.
When to use Okta and Why
Okta has many uses across your business, below are some examples of common cases where Okta is a differentiator.
Moving to the Cloud:
As cloud applications replace and augment on-prem applications, IT is tasked with deploying and managing access for an ever expanding, increasingly complex ecosystem. The number of apps deployed by enterprises is increasing, creating distractions for employees as they scramble to navigate access and remember credentials.
Okta helps organisations secure and expedite IT transformation by:
- Managing all users and access for both cloud and on-premise resources from a single control pane.
- Automating time consuming tasks like provisioning, deprovisioning and password resets to keep IT focused on business transformation.
Securely Enable Remote Work:
Protect and enable your workforce, wherever they may be.
- Provide seamless access to all resources: Unify your apps into one streamlined portal for your end users, providing them with seamless remote access from any device.
- Leverage Okta’s Workflows technology to automate provisioning and deprovisioning for your entire distributed workforce.
- Mitigate remote access risk: Shift your security perimeter and focus on protecting user access to all resources — from VPNs, to cloud and on-prem apps, to servers and APIs. Integrate your IAM solution with other key leading Zero Trust solutions.
Accelerate Office 365 Adoption
Rolling out O365 made painless and secure. Start your journey into the cloud by adopting O365 with Okta.
- Single Sign-on Accelerated: Automatically configure O365 federation directly from Okta, enabling a single sign-on experience in a few clicks.
- Utilise a pre-built O365 integration from the Okta Integration Network of 6,000+ applications.