What do F5 Offer?
F5 offer the broadest portfolio of app-centric security solutions. Their portfolio enables you to extend robust and customisable security policies and controls across multiple clouds, on-prem environments, and deployments models like containers and co-location services—all from a single point of control.
Streamline application services and simplify app management, optimise performance and dynamically adapt to changing threat vectors, keeping risks to a minimum.
3 Benefits of F5’s Application Security
F5 Labs Deliver Actionable Threat Intelligence:
F5 invest heavily in security researchers who process global application threat data from research partners and F5 users, to create actionable intelligence. They monitor the dark net for new malware variants and threatening behaviour. They collect global attack data and create threat monitoring tools. Their findings are published to help you and the security community informed about the latest threats.
Web application attacks are the #1 single point of entry in successful data breaches and are the gateway to your valuable data. Web Application Firewalls are the fastest and most cost-effective way to address application vulnerabilities, in production, without having to update the apps themselves.
A WAF protects applications by filtering, monitoring, and blocking malicious traffic. They prevent unauthorised data from leaving an app, by using policies to determine the difference between safe and malicious traffic.
F5 Advanced WAF offers comprehensive application protection, giving customers:
- Protection against credential theft and abuse.
- Comprehensive mitigation of web and mobile bot threats.
- Layer 7 DDoS Detection using machine learning and behavioural analytics.
- The markets most scalable WAF Solution.
Access Policy Manager (APM)
F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) is F5’s trusted application access solution that secures, simplifies and centralises access to apps, APIs and data, no matter where users or their apps are located.
APM enhances the secure application access experience for users and simplifies the deployment of secure application access for administrators. APM:
- Secures mobile and remote access through its adaptive VPN
- Federates identity to applications anywhere, including those that do not support modern authentication
- Provides Identity Aware Proxy (IAP), leveraging per-app access and granular context to deliver Zero Trust application access
- Secures and manages web access
- Protects APIs
Visibility into the encrypted traffic is key to securing your applications and data. SSL Orchestrator supports policy-based management and steering of traffic flows to third-party security solutions (like firewalls, IPS, DLP, malware, etc) so you can apply context-based rules to the handling of encrypted traffic flows.
F5’s flexible SSL solution:
- Lowers security costs with intelligent load balancing and monitoring for better availability and utilisation.
- Keeps pace with SSL/Trends by enabling security devices to cost effectively inspect encrypted traffic.
- Aggregates security devices into defined service chains and utilises policy-based traffic steering to service chains.
- Reduces Operational Complexity with non-disruptive implementation, integrating into any network topology and eliminating manual ‘daisy-chaining’.
Shape invented the field of credential stuffing protection, an attack where cyber-criminals use stolen passwords from third-party data breaches to take over other online accounts.
F5 combined Shape with their Application Security Services to provide a complete platform that overcomes fraud and abuse alongside advanced attacks.
- Unrivalled accuracy through advanced AI and Machine Learning. Shape Defence accurately detects and mitigates fraudulent and unwanted traffic in real-time, while allowing legitimate human users without introducing additional friction.
- Network Leverage – Every 24 hours, Shape blocks more than two billion fraudulent log-in attempts and other transactions, while ensuring that more than 200 million legitimate human transactions are kept safe.
- Omnichannel Protection – Shape Defence can be deployed to protect web and mobile applications, as well as HTTP APIs. The Shape SDK is deployed on more than 200 million iOS and Android devices worldwide.